Let's Get It Right This Time
What we DO today matters. What we SAY today matters. How we choose to move forward as a FAMILY today matters.
How we choose to move forward as a church today MATTERS.
Reggie Joiner, founder and CEO of Orange, beautifully expressed why the church must act as one body to model what love really looks like - for the sake of an entire generation's faith and future.
But what are we doing at home for our kids and teenagers, who are watching how we will react?
Now more than ever we are reminded of how important it is to lead our families in these critical conversations that matter. As a church, we are here to serve you and partner with you as you show your family what Jesus' love really looks like. Below are just a few resources to begin having conversations and take action on race and diversity (curtesy of Orange):
• A White Families’ Guide for Talking about Racism: https://bit.ly/2Uc64s6
• Parent Cue: Raising Kids Who Will Initiate Racial Equality https://bit.ly/2XYThug
• Raising Kids Who Embrace Those Who are Different https://bit.ly/2A4XO6r
• Talking Race with Young Children https://n.pr/2MB2raQ
• Raising Kids Who Will Initiate Racial Equality https://bit.ly/3gZ22Nu
• How To Talk To Kids About The Stories We Tell Ourselves https://bit.ly/2MiEkxL
• “The Gospel in Color” https://bit.ly/30bnn0n
• “God’s Very Good Idea” https://amzn.to/2Y7LOJt
• “When God Made You” https://amzn.to/2MtL6Ro
• “Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History” https://amzn.to/3eQlxpN
• “A Kids Book about Racism” https://bit.ly/3eQZRK4
• “Ruby Bridges” https://amzn.to/3dFhe08
• Zootopia https://bit.ly/374qdFK
• Ruby Bridges https://bit.ly/2BD9nCj
• Just Mercy: A Story of Justice & Redemption (Note: please watch this before deciding if you will view with your older kids as it can be very hard to watch) https://bit.ly/3cFqxfk
Toys/Activities for Kids:
• People Colors Crayon Pack https://bit.ly/372PXm1
• Melissa & Doug Children of the World Floor Puzzle https://bit.ly/3h41u9p
• The Big Book of Faces Coloring Book https://bit.ly/2Y21DBu
• I Never Forget a Face Memory Game https://amzn.to/2UcgIPN
If you have any resources you would like for us to share OR if there are any other specific resources you need for your family, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love you and we are with you.