First Look Family Guide - Sunday, March 15
Hello Village families!
We will miss seeing you and your kids this Sunday! However, we hope these tools will help you have an incredible time learning the Life App, Bible story, memory verse and other elements with your kids.
The exciting thing is that you get to use this time growing in your faith as a family, and you can format it however you want. But, if you would like a guideline, here is what a morning in First Look looks like for your preschooler:
1. Social - This is the time when leaders welcome the kids and get ready for the lesson!
- Music (you can try the First Look Preschool playlist on Spotify!)
- Opening activity (In place of this, we are doing a church-wide fort building contest!)
2. Worship - We play some songs with motions and let the kids dance along. Sometimes they even play instruments! Pick your favorite worship songs to sing as a family. The Clubhouse link below includes one of their new worship songs with motions, or you can check out one of these with motions for you to do with your kids!
3. Bible Story - The kids love watching The Clubhouse (this video includes the worship song "Follow On") to learn all about the Bible story and how to apply it in their lives!
4. Groups - The kids break into groups to do activities that help them better understand the Bible story.
You can use our Parent Guide (download) for simplified activities to do at home, or
You can check out the full version of the PreK Curriculum (download) we use and go big!
5. Take-Home Resources - Most of you have seen the resources we send home, which allow you to continue the conversation with your kids throughout the week! My personal favorite is the Parent Cue App, but we encourage you to use them all:
Parent Cue App: (download FREE!) This is probably one of the most valuable resources for your family at home. Download it, add your kids, and get personalized information, conversations, activities and videos for each one based on their age! (Make sure you select "Village Church" or your home church in the app for customized content!)
Parent Cue (digital version): Download with one of the links below:
+ Babies (Monthly Parent Cue)
+ Toddler/2's (Monthly Parent Cue)
+ PreK (March Parent Cue - Week 3)
Memory Verse Motions : This video shows motions to the memory verse so that you can help your child hide God's word in their heart!
Check out our Facebook page for even more resources for your kids! This week, we have posted several great podcasts and conversation guides about helping your child navigate anxiety - this is especially relevant with the current health pandemic.
We hope that you enjoy this time learning more about Jesus with your family. We will add resources for next week so that your kids never miss a beat when they return to First Look. We are praying for health, safety and joy for each and every one of you!
Family Ministry Director